The primary focus of the Commissions team is to ensure the accuracy of commissions earned by Sales coworkers as well as the timely payment of those commissions.
The Senior Commission Analyst calculates commissions earned by coworkers in the Sales organizations and analyzes commission trends. This role also generates and improves reporting of the commission figures.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Research and respond to inquiries and requests for adjustments from Sales and Finance related to adjustments, invoices, freight, returns, etc.
- Ensure the commission payment file is prepared in a timely manner.
- Monitor data for errors and coordinate manual or system adjustments as needed.
- Design and develop analyses to identify drivers and trends of commission earnings.
- Analysis of data for errors and application of independent judgment to reconcile and resolve.
- Present data to Sales Management to validate the accuracy and completeness of calculations.
- Provide support and guidance for other Commission Analyst(s) in processing all adjustments submitted.
- Act as team resource for questions and guidance on data analysis.
- Perform User Acceptance Testing for Sales Compensation related system implementations and plan changes.
- Training for Sales Coworkers on compensation plan changes, system changes and/or reporting changes.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and 1 year of Finance, Sales Operations, Commissions, Project Management or related experience OR
- HS Diploma and 4 years prior Finance, Sales Operations, Commissions, Project Management or related experience.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with coworkers at all levels including senior leadership.
- Advanced Excel skills including, but not limited to, creation of pivot tables and formula creation.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to identify areas of process improvement and make appropriate recommendations.
- Handle complicated/complex situations and apply documented business policies to solve issues with little supervision.
- Ability to prioritize many projects at once.
- Working knowledge or familiarity with AS/400, TrueComp and ChangePoint.
- Financial Planning and Analysis knowledge.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.