Sirius Computer Solutions is a CDW company. We share common values as a performance-driven, customer-focused culture. CDW is a leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare customers across the globe.
The Engagement Manager oversees and manages relationships with one or more customers throughout ongoing
Data Center Transformation engagements. This position manages the overall service delivery and serves as the primary escalation point and customer sponsor.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Participates in the creation and maintains a working knowledge of specifics of the client Statement of Work (SOWs) for assigned projects
- Creates resource estimates, Budgets, and Manages Projects in partnership with Client Executive, Resource Managers, and the Sirius project owner across multiple medium-sized/ medium to high complexity projects
- Accountable for identifying and reporting project variances to timeline, budgets and deliverables on assigned projects
- Takes ownership to do detailed analysis of issues and risks to fully illustrate the impact and interdependencies of project efforts
- Brings recommendations and ideas for risk mitigation to leadership
- Escalates risks to the right person and with the required data/supporting documentation
- Conduct/creates detailed stakeholder analysis
- Partners with Sirius operations to report on labor and budget burn rates for assigned projects
- Partners with Sirius operations for all engagement change requests
- Uses Sirius Project and Program Management artifacts to provide a consistent client experience
- Works with Sirius clients to specific and align PMO standards, targets, and measures for products, processes and services
- Takes appropriate ownership for Status Meetings/Reports, Change Orders, and Invoicing
- Accountable for Internal Kick-off meetings, Client Kick off meetings, Day 1 Assessment, Mid Project Assessment, Project Closure, and After-Action assessments
- Interacts with mid-level client stakeholders on a regular basis (Sr. Manager, Director level) on Change Management issues
- Looks for and identifies new opportunities with clients
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions within the context of best practices and making recommendations necessary to achieve targeted objectives
- Provides guidance to less experienced project team members on PM tools and techniques, including MS Project
- Complies with all of the time compliance and time entry guidelines
- Meets utilization targets defined in the IC bonus plan
- Training/Certifications: Attend training sessions or shadowing activities, and obtain industry related certifications as determined by management
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Business or a related field
- At least five (5) years of IT project management experience dealing with solutions in the Sirius Data Center Transformation portfolio
- Certifications: PMI/PMI plus PMI-ACP or PMI-RMP
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated understanding of contracts, project planning, the infrastructure and software development lifecycle, ITIL processes, and product offerings
- Demonstrated ability to engage in difficult conversations with project teams and clients on issues, risks and escalations
- Demonstrated ability to leverage Stakeholder and Impact Analysis to help with the issue and risk mitigation activities on overall user/client adoption
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships and contribute to measurable team and/or organizational objectives in a consulting environment
- Demonstrated ability to set and prioritize goals and pursue them to completion
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and ensure that others input is gathered and discussed
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Resourceful in working with disparate client and internal departments to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget
- Demonstrated ability to provide day-to-day guidance to less experienced project team members, including acting as an SME on project planning, resource estimation, and quality control
Data Privacy and Security
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment
The position exists to provide technical project management consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.