The Sr Software Eng I - Application Developer supports business process through technology solutions. The purpose of the role is to develop business software solutions for complex and large-scale projects through object and data modeling, database design, programming, quality assurance, and implementation support. The Senior Application Developer participates in application standards development and serves as an evangelist for best practices in development.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Collaborate with business teams to clarify requirements and business needs.
- Develop system applications to CDW coding standards and quality.
- Technically manage complex and large-scale project efforts in development, maintenance and enhancements of business system applications.
- Collaborate with other CDW teams to determine the optimal solution architecture to ensure application efficiency, maintainability, and scalability.
- Collaborate with business teams to develop high-level system narratives, and storyboards.
- Develop and update Disaster Recovery plans and participate in DR testing activities.
- Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management.
- Proactively update stakeholders and maintain open and courteous communication.
- Report project/task status to the appropriate Application Development Manager on a weekly basis.
- Utilize an object-oriented software lifecycle methodology.
- Serve as a mentor/technical resource for Application Admin team and Application Developers.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- 7 years in application administration
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years’ experience with Lightning framework
- Must have knowledge and practical application of Visualforce, APEX; Force.com APIs, Web Services, and Experience builder
- Demonstrated ability to understand and articulate details and impacts of complex proposed software solutions.
- Proven knowledge in all stages of the software development life cycle.
- Track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Extended experience with applying object oriented design concepts to software development.
- Expertise in creating applications using technologies such as C#, ASP.NET, ASP, Web Services, WCF, XML, SQL Server.
- Skilled in Windows (WinForms) Development (Major Job Duties and Responsibilities)
- Proficient in N-tier Client Server application development including hands on experience on all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) - Analysis, Design, Development, Deployment, Unit & Integration Testing, Post Production Support
- Experience with multithreaded applications and services
- Experience with source control systems like TFS, Subversion, GIT
- Advantage: Experience with WPF
- Advantage: Experience with UI suites like DevExpress, Microsoft or others; experience in creating user controls, GUI development
- Framework & Languages .NET (formerly .Net Core), .NET Framework 4.5+, .NET MVC, C#, Nunit
- Desktop Applications Windows Forms, WPF, XAML
- Web UI ASP.Net, Angular
- Security JWT, OAuth 2.0, Kerberos, Auditing
- Data Access ADO .NET, LINQ, Entity Framework
- Services SOAP, REST, WCF Services, .NET Web Services, .NET Core Web Services
- DBMS SQL Server, Azure SQL, MongoDB
- Cloud Azure: Function Apps, Logic Apps, Service Bus (messages/queues)
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.