CDW Corporation is a Fortune 500 company and leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare customers in the US, UK, and Canada. A CDW Senior Accountant is organized, reliable, knowledgeable of accounting and challenges the status-quo. A successful CDW Senior Accountant is systems savvy and proficient in understanding data feeds amongst several accounting systems.
Responsibilities include mentoring other team members, consolidating the US, Canada, UK, and CDW Group hierarchies, accounting for inter-company transactions, and assisting in the acquisition accounting and integration of CDW's acquisitions.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- General ledger operations including performing account substantiations and preparing journal entries.
- Consolidate the financial results of the CDW Group.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to assist in acquisition accounting and accurate integration of acquired entities.
- Analyze actual results and provide explanations for variances to plan and prior year.
- Collaborate among Finance Teams for accounting of debt transactions (refinancing, deferred finance costs, etc.).
- Research and correct inter-company differences among CDW business units.
- Perform process improvements by developing automation within current processes.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to improve business results and processes.
- Independently resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities among the accounting applications.
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of inter-company revenues, expenses and balance sheet accounts.
- Ensure accurate and timely financial close and reporting deadlines are met.
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures.
- Financial audit preparation and cooperation with the audit process.
- Prepare accurate and timely deliverables for other CDW Finance teams to assist in financial reporting.
- Ad-hoc projects as assigned.
- Reconcile Group Consolidation team-owned accounts.
- Build and foster relationships with international coworkers.
- Accounting Systems
- Peoplesoft (general ledger application)
- HFM (consolidation application)
- Blackline (reconciliation application)
- Allocated Management Reporting (financial reporting application)
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree either in finance or accounting.
- External candidates: 3 years previous public accounting or financial audit experience.
- Internal candidates: 2 years CDW accounting or finance experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of accounting and finance principles and practices.
- Solid technical accounting skills.
- Demonstrate systematic organizational skills with critical attention to detail.
- Accomplished track record of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business, while meeting deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications with strong experience in Excel.
- Proven track record in problem analysis with the ability to creatively and pro-actively problem solve.
- Innovative track record of identifying process improvements and making appropriate recommendations.
- Demonstrate ability to think through and develop, from start to finish, processes for CDW acquired entities.
- Ability to challenge the status-quo.
- Knowledge of financial accounting and reporting applications (Peoplesoft and Hyperion Financial
- Experience within multi-entity corporate structures and inter-company accounting
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.