Project Manager - Integrated Technology Solutions (Cybersecurity)
Focal Point Data Risk, a CDW Company, is one that delivers a unified approach to addressing data risk through a unique combination of consulting service offerings. Focal Point has brought together industry-leading expertise in cyber security, identity governance and access management, data privacy and analytics, internal audit, and hands-on training services, giving companies everything, they need to plan and develop effective risk and security programs. By integrating these services, we provide our clients with the flexible support they need to protect and leverage data across any part of their organization. Simply put, CDW-Focal Point is the next generation of risk management.
Independently manages projects or acts as Project Manager within a program working under the guidance of more experienced coworkers. Owns all aspects of a product or service offering for a client, from inception to installation. Integrally involved in interaction with sales, consultants, stakeholders, and other members of cross-functional teams. Projects are typically of low and medium complexity and risk incorporating mainstream, legacy and select emerging technologies. Utilizes existing project management templates and customizes these templates as needed. Manages schedules and budgets to ensure goal attainment. The CDW Project Manager acts as project advocate ensuring success for all stakeholders by driving for results, making the tough call, and building strong relationships with project stakeholders. The CDW Project Manager acts as project advocate ensuring success for all stakeholders by driving for results, making the tough call, and building strong relationships with project stakeholders.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manages Stakeholders: Creates and maintains presence with all project stakeholders acting as a CDW steward for quality. Dedicated to meeting or exceeding stakeholder expectations. Identifies success criteria and ensures that it is met by involving the stakeholders in key decisions.
- Negotiation: Recognizes the need for negotiations gathers relevant information and seeks advice when needed from sales and management before proceeding. Negotiates small changes (cost, scope, effort, schedule solution, resource commitment, etc.) to agreeable result. Effective in negotiating changes to achieve stakeholder satisfaction and project results.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making: Works with team members to gather information and determine possible/probable impacts to the project, document mitigation steps taken in troubleshooting and communicate these to the team and customer.
- Project Management: Independently manages projects adhering to CDW’s project management methodology.
- Accountable for project profitability. Monitors, interprets, and communicates project budget.
- Ensures that time, expenses, and invoices are accurately tracked and approved against the project in a timely manner.
- Validates initial project scope and estimates. Manages change order process including determining the need for a new Statement of Work versus a Change Order.
- Ensures all items defined in CDW Statement of Work are delivered and performs quality assurance throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Identifies and successfully mitigates project risks.
- Serves as Point-of-Contact on Request for Proposal (RFP) response efforts. This is accomplished through assigning, monitoring input tasks, and reporting progress to prime RFP contact. Also, participates, as needed, on RFP effort status calls.
- Assists Managing Directors with presales workflows by engaging Business Development and Solutions Architecture representatives.
- Assists Managing Directors to ensure that proposals are delivered per committed timeline.
- Serves as scheduling liaison, as needed, between customer and consulting practice for the scheduling of data collection interviews and other meetings.
- Assists Managing Directors in monitoring project spend and profitability against plan
- Establishes monitors, adjusts, and communicates tasks and associated schedule to the project team. Remediating when necessary.
- Aids in identifying proper resources and optimizing billable schedules, monitoring, and adjusting assignments, as necessary.
- Supports the overall practice through the creation, management, and enforcement of operational efforts (e.g., update of documentation, collateral, team biographies, etc.)
- Identifies, documents, tracks, and communicates project issues, aids in bringing to resolution.
- Manages equipment, software, licensing and outside services procurement and delivery schedules.
- Documents outcomes, lessons learned and shares appropriately with colleagues.
- Leadership: Takes accountability for project results. Is fiscally responsible to the client, the project and to CDW. Holds project team accountable.
- Instills trust with our clients by building strong relationships with stakeholders.
- Leverages business acumen and political savvy as well as relevant personal and CDW experience to build credibility.
- Demonstrates ability to diffuse uncomfortable situations with client and/or project team.
- Leads teams to consistently meet project success factors and exceed client expectations.
- Inspects delegated tasks to insure timely and accurate completion.
- Stays abreast of industry best practices through research, conferences, training seminars and participation in professional associations. Shares information across the project management team.
- Communication: Determines the appropriate documentation (communication plans, schedules/timelines, status reports, quality plan, closure summary, budget, risk plan, etc.) for projects. Manages the quality and delivery of documentation to clients.
- Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or computer related field or equivalent experience
- 3 years of experience in delivery quality Infrastructure, Project Management, or 3 years of CDW Services experience
- Two or more years of experience in leading significant projects within a single Advanced Technology solution area
- Required Qualifications
- Participate productively in virtual teams to improve Project Management processes
- Demonstrated ability take accountability for projects and their results, be fiscally responsible and lead teams to meet project success factors
- Working knowledge of one or more formal project management methodologies proficiency with tools such as Microsoft Project/Office
- Ability to leverage business acumen, political savvy, relevant personal and CDW experience, perseverance, and communication skills to build credibility
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills including demonstrated experience presenting technology recommendations from a business perspective
- Applies discretion when dealing with sensitive/confidential information
- Ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously and adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet clients' needs
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% or as needed to other CDW locations, meetings, and client sites
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information. Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology. Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize.
- Ability to apply common sense in performing job. Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines. Ability to travel as needed.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.