Our Migration Specialist will work within our cloud migrations and user provisioning team. Primarily, this role will focus on coordinating migrations with education institutions from various platforms to Google Workspace. Secondarly, this position will support customers through initial user provisioning with GCDS. This position requires an understanding of migrating users and data between platforms. Additionally, it requires the ability to effectively communicate with key stakeholders and customers in a customer facing role. Reporting directly to the Associate Manager of Cloud Migration, this role will require the ability to creatively solve problems while simultaneously managing multiple projects.
This role requires a high level of problem solving and analytical thinking. Strong knowledge of Google Workspace administration & Active Directory Administration is required.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Work alongside a team of migration specialists to perform migrations from legacy platforms to Google Workspace
- Execute migrations following established protocols and processes
- Works directly with clients to lead, manage, and complete migration projects
- Works directly with clients to provide user provisioning services
- Plan, integrate, administer, and support multiple systems, including Google Cloud Platform
- Use APIs, Powershell, Google Apps Manager (GAM), and other scripting tools to automate tasks in Google Workspace and Microsoft platforms
- Works with the CDW Amplified IT Support Team when issues are escalated
- Assists in answering relevant questions and contributing to topics within the CDW Amplified IT Google Technical Collaborative
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Complete understanding of SMTP mail flow & DNS
- Superior troubleshooting and documentation abilities
- Intermediate to Advanced Powershell Scripting Experience
- Experience of a variety of LDAP directory services and their LDAP syntax query format in support of implementing Google Cloud Directory Sync to synchronize that platform with Google Workspace.
- Google Cloud Directory Sync Experience in large user environments
- Prior experience using CloudMigrator, CloudFastPath, Movebot, Google Workspace Migrate or GWMME
- Familiarity with Google Workspace admin console in a K-12 or Higher Education setting, experience using the Enterprise versions of (Standard, Plus or Teaching and Learning) are a plus
- Experience with configuring well known directory services platforms with regards to them being used both as either a Identity Provider or a Service Provider. As an example, Azure AD as an identity provider for Google Workspace. Primarily focusing on the Google Workspace integration configuration.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.