CDW Applicant and Recruit Privacy Notice
CDW is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal data. We encourage you to read this privacy notice in its entirety. If you have any questions, you may reach out to the CDW privacy team at [email protected].
As a recruit or job applicant to CDW, we process personal information about you during and after your application. This privacy notice (“Notice”) explains how we may collect, process, store and sometimes transfer personal data to third parties to support your application or recruitment process with CDW and our business operations.
CDW has prepared this Notice for its current and former job applicants and recruits who reside in the United States or Canada, and it applies to anyone whose personal information CDW may collect in the context of applying to or being recruited to work at CDW (such as references). This Notice explains how and why we collect, use, store, disclose and otherwise process personal information. We may update this Notice from time to time, for example if we start to use new systems or processes that use your personal data. This Notice is not a contract, and does not create any legal rights or obligations, and is not intended to replace other notices or disclosures we may provide to you in connection with your relationship with our organization. If this Notice conflicts with any of those other notices or disclosures, they will take precedence.
More simply put: Because you apply to or are recruited to work for CDW, we have to process some data about you. This Notice is intended to help you understand what data we process and why, and the rights you have. We might update this document now and then.
Our Collection and Use of Personal Data
Personal information means any information about an individual person (like you!) within the context of your job application or recruitment at CDW. It does not include aggregated or deidentified data that cannot be reasonably linked to you. We usually collect personal data directly from you, but sometimes we collect it automatically when you interact with our office, network and systems. We may also collect your personal data from other sources and third parties, such as recruiters and references.
Collection of Personal Information
We may collect, store, and use the following categories of personal data about you:
- Identification and Contact Data: Information such as your name, home address, email addresses, phone numbers, work authorization information, and similar personal information
- Professional History and Qualifications: Information such as your work experience, positions, and previous employers, professional licenses, certificates, or other qualifications, employment references or referrals, and similar personal information
- Educational History: Information such as your highest level of education, schools attended, degrees, certificates, or other educational qualifications you earned, transcripts, educational references, and similar personal information
- Financial Information: Information such as your previous or desired salary or hourly pay, bonus, benefits, expenses, stock or equity grants, and similar personal information
- Background Check Information: When permitted by applicable law, we may choose to conduct a background check with information such as criminal history, verification of employment and educational history, and similar personal information
- Equal Opportunity Information: If you choose to provide it, information such as age, race, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity, religion, disability or accommodation request, marital status, veteran status, and similar information (this information will not be used in the hiring decision unless specifically permitted by law)
- Online Information: Information such as social media posts and pages, internet searches, news articles, technical details about your visit to our online sites and services, analytics data relating to your usage and activity on our online sites, and similar personal information
- Recruiting Process Information: Such as communications with you about positions, interview scheduling, responses to interview or screening questions, and similar personal information
- Miscellaneous Information: Any other personal information you choose to share with us or is gathered by us incidental to your application or recruitment, including information such as CV, resume, transcripts, cover letters, attendance at recruiting events, and similar personal information
Sources of Personal Information
We may collect personal information about you from the following sources: of applicable law.
- Directly from you
- Automatically from CDW or partner systems
- From third parties, such as customers, vendors, and service providers of CDW
- From your references, recruiters, or others within CDW
- From publicly available sources, such as online or from government records
Use of Personal Information
We collect and process personal information for a variety of reasons and only where we have a valid business purpose for doing so. If you accept an offer from us, we may transfer the personal information we collected about you during the recruiting and job application process to your personnel file.
|Use||Tell Me More|
|Legal & Regulatory||Meeting our legal obligations, such as complying with immigration, work permit, and health and safety obligations; providing a non-discriminatory workplace; getting legal advice; and complying with other laws & regulations|
|Talent Management and Recruiting||Identifying potential candidates for positions with CDW, marketing job opportunities to candidates, reviewing applications, determining eligibility and suitability for positions, facilitating the recruiting and interview process, communicating with applicants and recruits, making offers, and other similar uses|
|Verification and Source Checking||Verifying the information provided to us in connection with applications, speaking to references, conducting background checks when applicable, and other similar uses|
|Internal Processes & Improvement||Assessing and improving the performance and success of our recruiting and hiring processes, analyzing best practices, making CDW a great place to work, conducting vendor management, fulfilling contractual obligations, collaborating and communicating with other CDW entities, and other similar uses|
|Compliance, Prevention & Detection of Crime||Monitoring compliance with our obligations and policies; doing mandatory and best-practice reporting; conducting internal investigations and audits; preventing and detecting crime, and other similar uses|
Providing IT systems and support; providing communication tools; updating IT systems; providing service and support; ensuring security of technology; and other similar uses
|Health & Safety||Providing a safe workplace by complying with health and safety laws and best practices, providing security for CDW buildings and spaces, minimizing the risk of disease transmission, and other similar uses|
Depending on where you live, certain laws may require us to obtain your consent for the processing of certain personal information. Under these circumstances, the provision of your information is voluntary, failure to provide it will not affect your working relationship with CDW, and you can withdraw your consent for further processing at any time by contacting the privacy team at [email protected]
More simply put: There are lots of reasons why we need to collect and process your personal information as part of the job application or recruiting process. We collect information that we need to conduct hiring, manage our business needs, and to make CDW a great place to work. Typically, we won’t need to ask you for consent to process your personal information, but where it is legally required, we won’t process your personal data unless you give us your consent to do so.
Data Sharing and Transfers
We may share your personal information with various third parties in order to process your job application and to protect our legal rights. This section provides more information about the types of third parties we may share your personal information with. We may share information from any of the above-named categories with these types of third parties, but not all types of data from each category of personal information are shared with every third party. Information we collect may be stored in the United States. If you live outside of the United States and choose to use this site you understand that it is at your own risk. You also understand that your information will be sent to the United States. The United States may not afford the same level of protection as laws in your own country.
|Third Party||Tell Me More|
|CDW Group Entities||Other corporate entities associated with CDW, such as CDW UK|
|Service Providers||Third parties we engage to help us identify potential job applicants. It also includes background check providers and IT companies|
|Successor Businesses||In the event of a corporate business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, joint venture, or financing or sale of company assets|
|Government & Law Enforcement||We may also share with governmental and regulatory bodies at the local, state, and national level, as well as law enforcement as required or in order to protect our legal rights|
More simply put: We sometimes need to share your personal information with others in order to process your application with CDW and support the recruitment process. We tell you the types of third parties we share information with and what kind of information we share with them in the charts above.
To ask any questions related to this Notice or CDW’s applicant and recruit privacy practices, or to exercise any legal rights that you have related to your personal information, please contact the Ethics & Compliance team at [email protected].
Last Reviewed: November 1, 2020